Wednesday, January 6, 2010

From The Night Desk Of Jimmy Oldsun - 1/6/2010


Published by Jimmy Oldsun, Staff Reporter on the Night Desk

A credible source who prefers to remain anonymous at this time has told Hermann Hearsay that the owners of a certain well-known business located on Market Street were seen moving office furniture and equipment out of their rented office space on Tuesday evening.  Hermann Hearsay has not been able to confirm this report with an independent second source nor has Hermann Hearsay been able to contact the owners themselves to find out if they are moving to a new location or whether they are just upgrading to newer office furniture and equipment.  That is why we are not reporting the name of the business nor the names of the business owners.  If anyone can shed any further light on this apparent
developing story, please contact our news department as soon as possible.

In an unrelated matter, two ambulance vehicles were called out in the eleven o'clock hour.  Since our owner, T. T. Tiger, is too squeaky tight to buy us a police scanner, I am unable to report anything further on this matter.  I'm sure we will all hear more about it in a coffee shop or convenience store tomorrow morning.  I hope you can wait until then for heavensakes!

On the continuing matter of the stray cats running rampant in Hermann, I can't say that I've seen anything of them as I have driven around town tonight.  I suppose that they may have all died off in the terrible cold last night.  If anyone out there has any stray cats to report, please contact our news department or Alderman John Penning.

Elmer J. Fudd, owner of the recently opened Elmer J. Fudd's Wabbit Stew has asked us to keep our eyes peeled for rabbits.  I didn't see any rabbits tonight, but I did see a grey squirrel running along a power line in the downtown area just before dusk this evening.

If you haven't already taken your patio plants inside yet this winter, it's probably too late.  I'm pretty sure the extreme cold spell has killed all patio potted plants by now.  The Weather Channel says it's 8 degrees Fahrenheit at about 12:30 am, Wednesday morning, but my outside thermometer is reading 10 degrees Fahrenheit.  The flags at the V.F.W. and the German School Museum indicate a very, very slight breeze.

The 2010 Gasconade County Sheriff Calendars are now available.  I've seen them at Time For Pie and the Hermann Advertiser-Courier, both sponsors of this year's calendar.  I don't where you'd go to buy one or get a free one, I'm just reporting that they're out and about.

On a non-local matter, I am anxiously awaiting college football's national championship game this Thursday night between the Texas Longhorns and the Alabama Crimson Tide.  I haven't the foggiest idea how this game might go, but I think it's gonna be a real battle of two great teams.  Bama is favored by 3-1/2 points.

Well, Clark told be to keep these nightly reports crisp and to the point, so I think I'll conclude by reporting that it's a cold night in Hermann and everything throughout the community seems to be buttoned up tighter than a tick!

Signing off from the night desk,

Jimmy Oldsun
Staff Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment