Friday, October 15, 2010

BREAKING NEWS - A. E. Newman announces that he will not seek to move county seat to Bland!

Published by Jimmy Oldsun, NDRIRSRWRAFTC & Editor

Date:  10/15/2010
Post:  911


This just in from Bland, MO!

A. E. Newman, candidate for Gasconade County Southern District Associate Commissioner, released the following statement to the press:

"A rumor has recently emerged that, if elected to the office of Southern District Associate Commissioner in 2012, I will immediately move to organize a drive to seek signatures on a ballot petition to relocate the seat of government for Gasconade County from Hermann to Bland.  I don't know who started this false rumor or precisely when it started, but I have been hearing about it throughout the county for several days.  I want to assure everyone that there is absolutely NO TRUTH to this rumor.

I understand that my opponent, Jerry Lairmore, has denied a similar rumor that he is planning to spearhead another petition drive to place the question of county seat relocation on the ballot for 2012.  I am pleased to hear that my opponent has no current plans to lead such an effort and that he wanted to go on record saying so."

No comments:

Post a Comment