Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nice Mess of Morel Mushrooms Found by Chris P. Bacon

Published by Jimmy Olsun, Night Desk, Investigative Reporter and Sports Reporter

Chris P. Bacon, one of our new subscribers, stopped by the office this morning to show off a nice mess of morel mushrooms he found in the Rhineland bottom.  Mr. Bacon was pretty closed-mouthed about exactly where he found the mushrooms, leading me to wonder if he had been trespassing onto someone else's property or whether he just didn't want to draw a massive crowd of mushroom hunters to his special mushroom hot spot.

I just love fried morel mushrooms, so I was able to talk Mr. Bacon into giving me a pound of the little beauties!  I can't wait to get home to fry these babies up for dinner tonight!  The way I fix 'em is to clean 'em up real good, cut off a portion of their stems, salt and pepper 'em, dip 'em in egg yoke, then roll 'em in flour and then drop them into a frying pan over medium heat.

If you have a special recipe for morel mushrooms, I would sure like to learn about it.  Please let me know how you prefer your morels.

Jimmy Oldsun
Night Desk, Investigative Reporter and Sports Reporter
www.hermannhearsay.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Gertrude SchenkelbergApril 11, 2010 at 8:55 AM

    Did Chris find any big red mushrooms like Max found last week?

    Gertrude Schenkelberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy - How did you like your mushrooms?

    Gertrude - Nope, I didn't find any red mushrooms. Maybe Max picked them all!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete