Friday, September 10, 2010

Hermann Hearsay Invests In The Future

Published by Jimmy Oldsun, NDRIRSRWRAFTC & Editor
Nikon Coolpix L22 Digital Camera

Date:  9/10/2010

Hermann Hearsay is investing in the future!  Today HH announced that we have made a major capital purchase of new photograpic equipment.  We are upgrading from our Nokia camera phone to a brand new Nikon Coolpix L22 digital camera.  HH purchased the new camera, carrying case, flash memory card and lithium batteries from Granneman's Radio Shack Store located on Market Street in Hermann.

Hermann Hearsay owner, Truman T. Tiger, said ... "We believe in purchasng locally whenever we can.  Others may drive to Washington, Warrenton, Columbia or St. Louis to make major purchases while giving our local businesses nothing but the "small crumbs" of their purchasing dollars.  Our media market is local, and we will always support our local businesses by buying from them whenever we can."

Frank Furter, our IT guy, is reading the Nikon owner's manual and reviewing the DVD which came with it.  After Frank learns how to operate the camera, he will train Lois Lame, Dick Schaefer and me.  We are all eager to get our hands on the new camera!

3 comments:

  1. Shopping Local is more than just a "feel good" statement. I buy from Granneman's, all 3 local grocery stores, I eat out here, buy my furniture at Strassner's, buy and repair my cars here along with buying any household appliance I need. Because I spend as much money here as I can, I am supporting our wonderful EMS, our great police department and our schools. I love Hermann and I put my money where my mouth is! Join me, everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said 'hisgirl'. Our taxable local purchases help sustain services paid for by city and county governments. They need our sales tax dollars in order to provide the services we have come to expect.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have the new camera working this weekend. You will get a lot of great photos at the german school and the car show! Cletus

    ReplyDelete