Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bible Verse Of The Day - Wednesday, 11/3/2010

Published by Lois Lame, SSALRCYTMVDQJCP & Assistant Editor

Date:  11/3/2010
Post:  997

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ – Philippians 3:7-8

The apostle Paul, who wrote this, was the crème of ancient culture. Highly educated, a part of the religious elite, Paul had everything going for him. But when he had an encounter with Christ, all of that faded away. Mankind values education and status, but God has a different value system. As important as education is, Christ is greater. As intoxicating as social standing is, Christ calls us to lay all of that down. It’s one thing to lay down sinful things, but when we see Jesus in His glory we’ll lay down good things for the sake of knowing Him. This was the call to Paul and it is no less the call to us.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

No comments:

Post a Comment