Monday, April 19, 2010

My Sunday Harley Ride Down To Owensville

Published by Lois Lame, Subscriber Services, Advertising and Lifestyles

I had a great time on Sunday afternoon riding my Harley with a group of close friends.  Jimmy Oldsun had given us a rare day off, so I just wanted to get out of the confines of four walls!  The weather on Sunday was absolutely perfect!

We road east on Highway 94 to Marthasville and then south on Highway 47 to Washington and then west on Highway 100 back to Hermann.  We stopped for a cold beer at The Barrel and talked about what a beautiful spring day ride we had just completed. 

Then someone in our group said "Hey, let's ride down to Owensville.  I hear they're having their Springfest this weekend!"  So I said "I'm game if the rest of you are!"  And away we went!  South on Highway 19 down to Owensville!

Clark Kant has been talking about opening another online news website in Owensville just as soon as he gets 'Berger Baloney With Mayo' (http://www.bergerbaloneywithmayo.blogspot.com/) started up real good.  So I was interested in checking Owensville out.  I had never been there before. 

We had a great time looking at the Springfest car show and eating BBQ.  I checked out a few places that might be available for an office if and when Clark decides to open a daily news service down there.  As far as I could gather from a few of the local residents, our only competition in the Owensville would be the 'Gasconade County Republican', an old line newspaper.  Martin Blanc, a car enthusiast, told me he thought we could give the GCR some good competition.  I told him I would pass his encouragement along to Clark.

As the sun was about to set, we decided to head on back to Hermann.  Thank you, Jimmy!  Thanks for giving us the day off!

Lois Lame
Subscriber Services, Advertising and Lifestyles
http://www.hermannhearsay.blogspot.com/

Total # of FREE subscribers: 000281
Subscribers currently online: 000201
New visitors currently online: 000083

Reciprocal websites:

4 comments:

  1. Nice photo, Lois! *wink*

    Let's go for a ride some weekend!

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a LUCKYRIDER! Martin Blanc Grosse Point Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois is a hot mama! I wonder if she can go for a ride next weekend? Willie G. Hog Hollow Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daz Good! Lois looked mighty fine when she came by my shop sunday. Hanz Von Klit Market Street Choppers Hermann Mo.

    ReplyDelete