Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Beauty and Reliability of Simplicity

Published by Clark Kant, Editor In Chief

While other local online daily news websites are having reliability problems and periodically "crashing" for good chunks of time, Hermann Hearsay is proud to report that we have never "crashed".  We have never been down for one minute.  We are always here whenever you have the time to visit us!

Perhaps the critical difference is that we rely upon tried and true, proven technologies.  None of that fancy stuff like live web cams and live streaming news coverage which eats up "band width" here on our website!  Who needs that stuff anyway when it is so unreliable?!  And who wants to pay an annual subscription fee so that amateurs can monkey with technology they don't fully understand?!

Well, we're gonna keep on keepin' it simple here at Hermann Hearsay.  We believe that, in the long run, our readers will come to appreciate the beauty and reliablity of simplicity.  And don't forget, we don't charge a dime for our reader subscriptions!

Another very reliable local news publication is The Hermann Advertiser-Courier.  The good folks down at The A-C have never failed to deliver a weekly newspaper to my mailbox on Wednesday morning.  Sure, they will charge you an annual subscription fee.  But their content and reliability are well worth the small amount they charge.

Simplicity leads to greater reliability.  Simplicity is a beautiful thing!

Clark Kant
Editor In Chief
www.hermannhearsay.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Charlie FarquharsonApril 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM

    That's why I like Hermann Hearsay, Clark. If I wanna watch TV or listen to the radio, then I turn the TV on or I turn my car radio on. If I want to read news commentary on a local online news site, then I come here or go to HermannAdvertiserCourier.com. If you don't have good news content, then I suppose you have to fool around with all the latest whiz-bang technology. Do one thing and do it well!

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark,
    You hit it on the head again! But Clark I do have a question for you. When they say pie are round I never understood that. Hell everyone in the country knows that pie are round and cornbread are square. Can you enlighten me on this issue! Stay happy!
    The Happy Shouvler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy,

    Pies are indeed round, my friend! My favorite is cherry pie. I've eaten a bunch of them since first taking a bite of my grandmother's cherry pie when I was but a wee lad. I've eaten my share of cornbread too. Now cornbread can be round OR square. It just depends what kind of dish your grandmother bakes it in. Now, I suppose you could bake a square or rectangular pie too, but I don't think you could find any square or rectangular Pillsbury pie crust in the grocery stores.

    Once again, Happy, thanks for your thoughtful and penetrating questions! We have some of the brightest readers in the county here on Hermann Hearsay, and you are definitely one of them!

    Clark

    ReplyDelete