Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Direction for Hermann Hearsay

Published by Clark Kant, Editor In Chief

It was brought to my attention today that certain people in the local community have taken a fair measure of offense to a few of the articles we have posted during the past couple months. While our articles regarding local political issues and breaking local news have been intended as humorous spoofs and nothing more, it is very clear that some hyper-sensitive public officials have not seen or appreciated the humor which we intended.

With respect and deferrence to the office of these public officials and with respect and deferrence to the local community at large, "Hermann Hearsay" has voluntarily deleted the postings which others have felt were most offensive. In fact, "Hermann Hearsay" has gone a step further and we have deleted all postings, even those which were intended as spoofs on national political figures and national public policy.

"Hermann Hearsay" will be taking a different editorial direction in the future. We will continue to speak out on local, state and national issues without employing cutting humor and cynicism in our writing style. No content, however, will be avoided. No content will dropped. We will however modify our writing style, and I will personally exercise more editorial control over content.

Clark Kant
Editor In Chief

5 comments:

  1. So based on reports of today's county meeting, I am led to believe that you are in fact Dick Schaefer and not Clark Kant???? I'm starting to wonder how Truman T Tiger is taking the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Anonymous, it's all very confusing! Even to me! Some say I am Clark Kant, while others say that I am Truman T. Tiger. Others have said no, no, no that I am Dick Schaefer. But still others have said that I am Luckyrider.

    People seem to be more focused upon my identity than upon the content of my reporting. Perhaps that is because I am stepping on toes?

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you choose to use Hermann's Historic German School at the top of your web blog?
    I think it gives the wrong impression to readers. This blog, is in no way, sponsored or endorsed by Historic Hermann, Inc., (the not for profit) group that maintains and operates the German School Museum. As a 501(C)3 corporation, we do not endorse any political or individual viewpoints. I believe it would be appreciated by all if you changed the photo at the top of your blog.
    Thank you,
    Historic Hermann, Inc.'s Treasurer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site is in no way associated with the German School Museum (Photo) or Historic Hermann, Inc. Please do not be mislead by the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say that I wish you had not removed your postings. It is startling for me to see the comments from people that they want you to apologize or delete your posts. You have the right to post whatever you like on your blog site no matter what people think of it. If they don't like what they read they should just move on without making a huge deal about it. I sincerely hope that you re-post what you had on here and to hell with what others think. Damn it a joke is a joke and that's all there is to it, and no one should be able to tell you what to do with your thoughts or writings. Please, from now on, post what you want to. It is important to express your freedom of speech while you are still allowed to do so.

    ReplyDelete