Friday, January 28, 2011

A. E. Newman Provides Breakfast to Bland's Unemployed and Underemployed


Published by Dick Schaefer, Award-winning, Unpaid, Part-time Contributing Writer; Amateur Investigative Reporter; and Aspiring Photo-Journalist

Date:  1/28/2011
Post:  1,581

Hermann Hearsay has just learned that A. E. Newman and his wife invited a group of Bland's unemployed and underemployed into their home for breakfast this morning.  Eight people turned out for friendly conversation, warm fellowship and a wonderful breakfast.

Newman's wife is a great cook.  The family dining room table was covered with bowls of fluffy scrambled eggs, Eggs Benedict, link sausage, peppered bacon, Virginia country ham, blueberry pancakes, buttermilk biscuits and milk gravy, Newman's special persimmon jelly, hashbrowns, etc.  Freshly brewed French roasted coffee and freshly squeezed Florida orange juice topped off a great breakfast.  The unemployed had not eaten a good breakfast in months, so they really appreciated the Newman's hospitality!

Newman, a candidate for the office of Gasconade County Southern District Associate Commissioner, is very concerned about the plight of our county's unemployed and underemployed.  He is convinced that the current Commissioner of the Southern District is not doing enough to attract job-producing business into the county. 

Newman told Hermann Hearsay ... "Commissioner Lairmore looks down on the unemployed and underemployed of Gasconade County.  While he sits in a comfortable position on the board of directors of the Gasconade County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and the Gasconade Valley Enterprise Zone (GVEZ), he has done very little to help our county's unemployed and underemployed.  It is imperative that we vote Lairmore out of office!"

Speaking to the group of eight jobless Bland residents, he said "I am a friend of the unemployed and underemployed.  Vote for me in 2012!"

Reciprocal Links: http://www.DSchaefer.Vemma.com (Nutrition For A Lifetime), http://www.Heart2HeartLyrics.blogspot.com (Song Lyrics Seeking Singer-Songwriters), http://www.HermannMoNews.blogspot.com (The 'Drudge Report' of Hermann), http://www.RivertownRecipes.blogspot.com (Great Local Recipes)

Other Recommended Links: http://www.AccuWeather.com (Weather Forecasts), http://www.DorasSpinningWheel.com (Embroidery), http://www.HermannAdvertiserCourier.com (Gasconade County's Newspaper of Record), http://www.MUTigers.com (Official Website of the Missouri Tigers), http://www.RushLimbaugh.com (Conservative Talk), http://www.Time4Pie.com (Great Pie, Coffee & Conversation), http://www.ToedtmannGrosse.com (Obituaries), http://www.WatkinsOnline.com (Watkins Natural Products)

9 comments:

  1. That breakfast sounds scrumptious! I've been unemployed for 18 months! Coffee and toast are getting old! I'm afraid I am becoming undernourished!

    Dave
    Owensville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the breakfast. If I had known, I would have been there!

    Hungry in Bland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another "Snake" sighting! "Joe Citizen" (whoever he might be) is obsessed with our little blog! He has tried to make a comment once again, but I have blocked him. Joey is no doubt angry, because he is a bully who is used to intimidating other people. That's really his only skill!

    Get lost, Joey boy! I know who you are. I don't like you, and I certainly don't respect you. Your comments are going into our trash file where they belong.

    Jimmy Oldsun
    Editor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liarmore is one of those dumb asses that thinks unemployment insurance is welfare. It's Insurance that's why they call it that. He's reminds me of the Mayor on old Andy Griffith Show, so smart he's stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To "Joe Citizen" aka "Little Joey":

    You seem bound and determined to tell me your sordid story rather than taking it to the authorities. Why, I don't know. And you seem to believe that the person you accuse has knowingly done something wrong, something illegal perhaps.

    OK, "Joey boy", here's the deal ....

    1. You tell me your full and complete story. You tell me the exact dollar figure which the accused has knowingly defrauded the Missouri Division of Employment Security out of. If your information checks out (and I mean to the penney), then I will believe you really know what you are talking. Right now, I believe you are a vindictive crank, a mentally deranged crackpot.

    2. Next, I want you to tell me exactly who you are. And don't lie to me, you snake! If you lie to me again, I will SPAM you, and you will never get on this site again.

    3. And the final thing I want to know is this: In order for you to know the specific information you claim to know, you would need to have gotten it from the Missouri Division of Employment Security, from the accused person's former employer or from the accused person himself. Now, I doubt that the accused has told you, but I could be wrong. By deduction then, that leaves someone in the Missouri Division of Employment Security or the former employer of the accused. Do you follow me on that logic, "Joey"? So pray tell me, "Joey", where did you get your information?

    You seem to want to impress me with all of your knowledge, "Joey". So, go ahead and WOW me! Here's your one last chance!

    If you provide all the information I'm asking you for, and I mean ALL of it, I will publish your story.

    Jimmy Oldsun
    Editor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just an unemployed carpenter from Hermann. Sounds like this Newman guy would make a good commissioner. Too bad I can't vote for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My unemployment will run out in February. Don't know what I will do after that. Live with my sister in Owensville temporarily. Won't be able to pay her room rent and money for food. I'm hurtin' man!

    Think I'm gonna vote for Newman. Lairmore ain't gettin' the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awful nice of the Newmans to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need help in Owensville! All the good paying jobs have been stopped from coming to town so a few could have cheap labor. The town can no longer make it because we don't have the tax base provided by business. New small businesses can't make it and now we hear one of our popular new businesses might be closing. Just think of all the time wasted by our commissioners and our newspaper on games and bullshit. We need jobs not rich pricks that think of nothing but themselves...

    ReplyDelete